Ten: Session One
- All arguments fall into two fundamental categories; deductive and inductive.
Using a deductive pattern will greatly increase the logical power
of your argument, if you already have reasons which are true
- Scientific reasoning uses both deductive and inductive argument
structures. It is important to learn how science works, so we
can properly assess scientific claims. In science classes and
in the press we hear many scientific claims that are overstated.
"We now know_____." Do they really know? Perhaps. But
all too frequently, they really don't.
- After this module, you will have an understanding of
the following major concepts and terms related to them:
- The five kinds of induction
- Also, you will memorize several basic argument patterns.