Four: Session Two
- Statements (Also known
as declarative statements.)
- Also known as claims or propositions. Arguments almost
entirely consist of statements. These include premises and
- Example: "There is a doggy in the window."
- Questions (Also known
- Example: "How much is that doggy
in the window?"
- Issues raise questions which are answered by the process
- Commands (Also known
- Commands tell someone what to do.
- Example: "Buy the doggy today."
- Exclamations (exclamatory)
- Expressions of emotion.
- Example: "My goodness!"