Five: Session Four
- In a nutshell, postmodernism teaches that realities are constructions.
This means that there isn't one reality, but many realities.
- As with other relativistic theories, postmodernists say there
are no absolutes.
- This is a self-contradictory theory. To say, "There are no
absolutes" is like saying, "It is true that nothing is true."
It is meaningless.
- Postmodernists are correct about one important thing: We all
create models that represent reality. These models (world views)
change. In other words, they are relative. Also, different people
and different groups have different models.
- Where the postmodernist seems to veer off into the ridiculous
is when they claim that these models are realities.
While there is no doubt that there are different experiences
of reality, reality is independent of minds. There is only one